Saturday, January 01, 2011

Christmas 2010 - Saturday

We celebrated Christmas last Saturday with just Mom, Dad and the 5 of us still at home. I love when Christmas Day is peaceful and relaxing, and that's exactly how it was this year! 


On Friday, Karissa and I made cinnamon rolls for Christmas morning. I really don't like this picture, but it's the only one we had of the cinnamon rolls. That was the first time I'd ever made cinnamon rolls. Karissa made gluten-free ones for her, Kaleb, Mom, and Kaitlyn and I made regular wheat-flour ones for Dad, Katrina, and I. We used a Paula Deen recipe that I printed off Food Network. As leftovers they were a little hard, but still good... especially when dipped in cappuccino :) Karissa's gluten-free ones didn't raise like regular ones but Kaitlyn and Kaleb said they were still good. 


We're not the kinda people that get up at 5 on Christmas morning to open gifts. We slept in till a little after 8, ate breakfast, cleaned it up, then opened gifts. Going from youngest to oldest, Katrina started first. These were beads from Kaleb. 


Kaleb's Popeye shirt from Kaitlyn.

  
Kaitlyn got a Lamplighter book from Mom & Dad


Kayah watched from the shadows of the Christmas Tree. I wish she was friendlier and more cuddly.


Kaitlyn also got a new bed spread from Mom & Dad.


I got a Lamplight book too: "Willy's Trunk"


Mom & Dad also gave me a beautiful winter coat!


Dad styling Karissa's hat from Mom & Dad. That'll look really cute with the black and white plaid vest from Kaleb. 




Kaitlyn & I got Karissa the O Holy Night CD by Wintley Phipps. Kaitlyn was afraid she knew about it, but she didn't have a clue!


Karissa and Kaitlyn knew about their bed spreads; they picked them out several weeks ago. 



Dad got a new red dress shirt from Karissa. You can tell Kayah isn't happy on my lap. She was majorly pouting! 


This isn't a good picture/angle, but I didn't have a better one. Mom got a pair of boots, a pair of tennis shoes, a red purse and a red scarf. 



Dad playing with the Bop-it Kaitlyn and I got Katrina.


We went over to Grandma Fitzwater's real soon after we opened our presents. We got her a red sweater and  an electric, micro-plush blanket. She gave each of us a gift too!


Karissa & Kaitlyn made a seafood pizza when we got home from Grandma's. They put the little cans of shredded crab meat on it and little salad shrimps. It was delicious! The crust was nice and flaky, despite it's being gluten-free. 


We don't do a huge meal on Christmas Day. We do big meals when the rest of the family comes in. So we just did lunch meats, cheeses, chips, veggies, and that kind of stuff on Saturday... and the seafood pizza of course!


Mom and Karissa can make lunch meats, cheese, chips, and veggies look pretty!

In the afternoon we watched some of a DVD that Kaleb got about survival tactics. Kaleb loves survival stuff, and he's read a book by Bear Grylls, so he was excited to get the DVD by him. He also got a DVD about knife & tomahawk throwing my Michael Pearl from No Greater Joy. 
Then we watched a Christmas movie called Christmas Wish, and I set up and designed my blog!
Kent, Ashley, and Ava got to our house at 8 o'clock Saturday night. 

I tried to upload more pictures, but I guess those will have to wait until I can figure out how to make my Picasa Web Album hold all these!!

Kelley

No comments: