Saturday, March 12, 2011

First time driving

Mom took me out driving for the first time today.
I was seriously scared! I don't know anything about driving... at all!
She just took me to the front parking lot at Garrett College (which was empty), and we drove around there for a while. I gave mom a scare there: I pulled into one of the parking spaces, then backed up, then went to pull forward again, but I wasn't going forward. So I pressed a little harder on the gas aaaaaaand realized I was still in reverse... ya. That was a real quick realization! Mom was screaming at me to stop but my heart stopped so I didn't hardly hear her!!!!!!!!
Then we went to the back parking lot where there were some cars. I drove in circles for a while. Then I drove out of the back end of the parking lot, drove up the road, and pulled back into the front end of the parking lot. Two times of that was enough for me!!!!
Mom said I did all right, and I do feel a little more confident...
Still pretty nervous about drivers ed in three weeks... driving with somebody I don't know!
I have 3 weeks to practice!

No comments: