Friday, April 15, 2011

No More Braces!!

Monday, I got my braces off. So I had them for a little under 2 years. The transformation (to me) is astounding. This before picture is so embarrassing. I used to look like a monster or something. It's terrible. However, I'm very pleased with the outcome of those two years! It was totally worth it! Even the retainer isn't as bad as I though it would be! In fact, it's not bad at all...

BEFORE:
*YUK* I hate this picture :P

AFTER:

Mom took this last picture on Monday, right when we got home from the orthodontist.
It feels different too. I knew it would be different, but I never imagined it would be this different!! It's a lot easier to eat. And I can eat nuts again. I did a few times while I had my braces on, but I was always scared of braking a wire or brace and not being able to get it fixed until the next week (my orthodontist only comes to my town on Mondays). And my teeth still feel a little loose, so I'm trying to be easy. But Ashley left us some delicious chocolate-covered-cinnamon-dusted almonds last weekend, so I've been enjoying those!!! And I tried like a quarter of a stick of gum; it felt so hard... I was having trouble chewing it :)

The braces worked great and did their job, but I'm very happy to be done with them!


No comments: